Treat your family or friends to a unique wildlife adventure in Sussex. It’s a chance to discover the wildlife we share the landscape with and to understand how it lives and what it needs to flourish.
The trip follows our 24 Hours in Nature format and is accompanied with camping downtime where you can relax, cook and chat around the campfire. You can extend your trip either side of the 24 Hours and book extra nights.
Michael will accompany you and your family for 24 hours, during which time you will:
- venture out on a guided walk through neighbouring woodland
- set moth traps,
- listen to and watch nocturnal activity including bats, owls and glow worms
- set trail cameras to see who moves about at night
- look for butterflies, snakes and other wildlife in and around the Secret Campsite
- place harmless, small mammal traps and learn how they live
- look for tracks and footprints from some iconic species in decline
- enjoy a guided dawn chorus walk
- place hedgehog tunnels to collect small mammal footprints
During your stay you will be based in your own camping space with full use of our new sustainably constructed Wash House. You will have sole access to the newly built, Hide, a timber framed, covered space where you can enjoy a campfire for cooking and relaxing
Family 24 Hours in Nature events start at midday on Day 1 and end 24 Hours later at midday on Day 2. You are welcome to extend your stay, either side of this, by booking extra nights at the campsite.
Remaining dates for 2023:
- July 27-28th
- August 10-11th
- August 17-18th