Corona virus management plan
To reassure our customers that we are taking the current situation very seriously, we have devised the following hygiene management plan for The Secret Campsite.
We advise that everyone uses the convenientyly located hand sanitisers before AND after touching any equipment or furniture around the campsite.
We also ask that you explain this to your children and that you accompany them, where advised, to ensure your “back to nature” camping trip is successful. It is your responsibility to make sure your children keep their hands clean.
Our hygiene management plan
We have always taken the health and wellbeing of our campers and that of our environment very seriously. We clean our facilities daily and pride ourselves on great feedback from our camping guests. We take immediate action when things break, or are running low. It happens, even here!
Once we even had a frog in the shower.
The Secret Campsite
The Secret Campsite is unique. We have very large, well spaced pitches, often 15-20 metres apart. For your screening, the plants are left to grow in between. This approach to landscaping is coupled with our determination to keep the campsite peaceful. We do this by avoiding groups of campers and providing all of our camping guests with their own private space, where they can relax.
This is a good space to be in in order to minimise your risk of infection.
The risk areas and the risk items
However, there are parts of The Secret Campsite where you are more likely to meet other people, looking to wind down, escape and camp for a few nights.
These parts of The Secret Campsite are the areas we are focused on.
In order to minimise the impact of Corona virus on our guests, we have identified the main infection hot spots and devised a plan to reduce the risk of spreading infection from these points.
All touch points on, or in, the listed areas will be wiped clean 3 x times a day.
1 Main shower and toilet block
We ask everyone to use the hand sanitiser on entry and exit from the main shower and toilet block. Below is a list of the main touch points:
- Toilet cubicles
- Disabled toilet
- Flip top bin
We have 3 hand basins in the shower block and each has a soap dispenser and plenty of hot water which should be used as normal when using the toilets, basins, or showers.
We have taken down the Fly curtain at the entrance for hygiene reasons.
2 Family shower room
We ask everyone to use the hand sanitiser on entry and exit from the Family shower room. Below is a list of the main touch points:
- Coin operated timer
- Pedal bin
The Baby change mat has been removed for the foreseeable future
3 Compost toilet
The Compost toilet located in the camping meadow will be closed until further notice
4 Washing up area
We ask everyone to use the hand sanitiser on arrival at the Washing Up Area. We also request that only one person is present at each sink, at any one time. Below is a list of the main touch points:
- Please wipe clean the washing up bowls with soapy water after each use
- The fridge will be closed for the foreseeable future
- The freezer will be available for campers to freeze their own ice blocks. These must be kept in their own plastic bag for ease of identification. We will provide a cloth to wipe the freezer handle before and after use.
- Meadow water point will have an adjacent fixed hand sanitiser
- The water point near reception will have an adjacent fixed hand sanitiser
- The sink and water point near the compost toilet will be turned off
- The Rubbish bin lids will be wiped clean regularly.
We ask everyone to use the hand sanitiser on arrival and exit from Reception. Below is a list of the main touch pointsin reception:
- Phone charging equipment
- Please bring your own charging equipment to plug into our power points
- We encourage everyone to use our contactless card payment system
- We aim to avoid any cash but can accept it when required to
- Electric car charging point
- Laminated area maps
- We will provide paper copies for any local maps or walks.
- FSC nature study sheets These sheets will be kept as “request only”. If you would like your children to use them we will wipe them down before they are handed out and when they are returned. Please make sure all children clean their hands after using these sheets.
- The Secret Teapot cups are single use and disposable, although we encourage campers to bring their own mugs.
6 Camping equipment
After collecting or handling any of the following items, we advise campers to wash their hands thoroughly or use the hnd sanitisers provided.
- Dutch ovens
- Rocket stoves
- Rubbish bins and bin lids
- Recycling points
- Large waste and recycling bins
7 Our unusual shelters
The Tree Tent
We will provide a hand sanitiser dispenser at the bottom of the access steps to the Tree Tent
All touch points in the tree tent will be wiped clean after each occupancy on top of our normal cleaning procedure
We will provide a hand sanitiser dispenser at the entrance to The Gridshell
All touch points in the Gridshell will be wiped clean after each occupancy on top of our normal cleaning procedure.