It's a busy, outdoor job
We’re looking for a new warden to welcome and look after guests during the 2024 season. Initially, it’s a 2-3 day a week job during term time with scope for more days during the school holidays. For the right person, it’s also a great opportunity to learn how to run a campsite including day to day management and liaising with suppliers.
We’re a peaceful family campsite focused on nature and wildlife. Campers stay with us to relax and spend time with their family, or 1 or 2 friends. A few years ago, we wrote a book about our approach to camping, The Escapees Handbook The campsite is set in 8 acres with 18 large and spacious pitches along with 3 unusual shelters for guests to stay in.
Our wildlife friendly approach has proved increasingly popular. The new warden will be a cheerful, reliable individual, with a can-do, welcoming personality and a sense of responsibility. Join our team for the 2024 season and perhaps beyond.
The new warden's job
- Managing reception
- Liaising with customers in person, by phone and email
- Cleaning our sustainably designed and built facilities, including toilets, showers and washing up areas and our shelters.
- Serving customers in our small cafe/shop
- Occassional help with our new business and nature project
- 7 hours / day from Friday to Sunday between late March-October
- 2-3 extra days per week during school holidays
- Extra week days will be available during term, time as required
- Start late March 2024
What you will earn
- The Real Living wage £12-£13.15 depending on age and experience
Our new warden will be
- Friendly, helpful and positive
- Organised and enjoy working with people
- Keen to be outside, with some light physical work
- Practical and competent with technology
- Presentable with a great phone manner
If this sounds like you and you would like to know more, give us a call 01273 401 100 or send an email email@example.com
To apply to be our new warden, please send an email with your cv explaining why you would be a great person for this role and we look forward to hearing from you by 23rd February.